Neutral coloured carpets have been the staple colour pallate for the last few years and will continue to be the style of choice through 2013.
Unlike fashion clothing trends, the popular carpet and flooring styles don’t change every season and once a trend is in full swing it will keep going for a while.
Popular Neutral Tone Carpets
The spectrum of the popular neutral tone of carpets range from, at the lightest cream, dove grey, beige, golden honey to dark beige, with every tone of colour in between.
(Check out our carpets here on the Gold Coast.)
The trend of neutral coloured carpets has stuck around because they work great in any space and have benefits for every aspect of your home:
- Neutral tones provide a great blank canvas for colourful home accessories, like sofas, curtains and pieces of art.
- Changing a look of a room is easier with a neutral carpet. It is cheaper to repaint the walls or buy new cushions and carpets if you want a change of look of a room, than buying a new carpet.
- Neutral tones don’t date as much as more vibrant colours or patterned carpet.
- There’s lots to choose from. Neutral doesn’t mean a simple beige, there’s a great variety of base colours.
- The neutral colours are best when buying or selling a property, they look great but don’t add too much overbearing personality to the home which makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves in the space.
Our neutral coloured carpet choice is vast and like we said, it’s not just beige. Neutral coloured carpets come in both synthetic and wool carpet fibres. Here are some of our favourites:
However, there is a side trend going on in the higher end carpets: bright colours. These are not your grandma’s orange shagpile, they’re high end wool carpets dyed fantastic trendy colours.
We wouldn’t suggest them for everyone, but if you’re looking for a pop of colour or want to personalise a room they’re a great option. Check out some of our favourite brights:
|Azure Blue||Cadmium Green||Fuchsia||Purple|
Whatever you choose, it’s important to get some advice as well. Sometimes what we want isn’t going to work the best for the purpose and quality advice can help you decide better. We’re always happy to help.
P.s: Please visit floorwerx.com.au for our full site.