What is hot and stylish when it comes to carpet this year? Here are some carpet trends for 2014!
1. Carpet runners on stairs. Stair runners are growing in popularity, especially when consumers convert from carpet to hardwood floors. Hardwood flooring is sometimes the preferred surface, but the one area that almost all customers prefer carpet is on the steps ? both for safety and for design.
2. Looped Carpets. Looped carpets are very popular, especially for family rooms and steps, and other high traffic areas like hallways and lounge. The trend seems to be towards a more tailored and sophisticated look with small, subtle patterns. These small patterns add some style and class and they also help hide the dirt. Some prefer stripes, some squares and some a more random look. Many of these are mimicking the styles of natural wool carpets.
3. Minimalist design and Neutral colors. Neutral tone carpets will always be very popular as they are the most versatile. By choosing a neutral color carpet, it gives you flexibility with paint colors, window treatments, furniture, bedding and pillows. Beiges and grays are even more popular. The “Less is more” trend is showing itself both in colors (for the overall room) and in more simple designs and patterns such as ribbing and small tailored patterns.
4. Tone on tone or two toned carpets
Tone on tone carpets have been rapidly growing with more patterns and styles available each year. These patterns are created by having part of the carpet cut and part looped for a multidimensional look that appears to have 2 colors. It’s a great way to add visual intrique to your room without adding a lot of color complexity. Over the last couple of years, more two toned patterns are available, where there are 2 colors in the carpet, usually with one slightly darker and one slightly slighter, but the same tones.
5. Super soft plush carpets for bedrooms. Consumers that prefer carpet for bedrooms almost always go for a soft and plush feel for the bedroom ? the softer the better.
Happy flooring! 🙂