Increased carpet wear happens when traffic grinds embedded soil into the carpet fibre. You can extend the carpet?s life by placing walk off mats at exterior entrances, and by vacuuming traffic areas thoroughly. This will prevent your carpet?s appearance from deteriorating prematurely.
Only about 20% of carpet soil is soluble in water or solvent. You can remove much of the remaining 80% of the soil by vacuuming regularly and with particular emphasis on heavily soiled areas like entrances.
Your vacuum cleaner should have an electrically powered brush / head and strong suction as this lifts the pile and facilitates the removal of dirt and grit.