How to extend the life of your carpet?
- Insist on professional tradesmen to install your carpet and be sure to match the quality of your underlay to that of your carpet as the two are designed to work together as a complete flooring system.
- Use furniture cups under chairs, tables and sofa legs. Relocate your furniture periodically to distribute the carpet wear evenly.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with curtains, blinds, shades or awnings, and move furniture periodically to expose all areas evenly.
- Use rugs or carpet runners in traffic areas to minimise excessive localised wear.
- Use barrier mats at outside doorways to trap dirt from shoes. Clean these mats regularly.
- Treat spillages immediately.
- Invest in a good upright vacuum cleaner with an electrically powered brush / head, and vacuum thoroughly at least once a week.
- To remove the build up of soil, which is not removed in the weekly program, periodic professional deep cleaning is necessary.
Happy flooring! 🙂