With time and use, no amount of normal vacuuming can remove dirt that has been trodden deep into the carpet as it gets trapped between the fibres and over time can wear them away. Your best bet for getting your carpet looking like new again is to hire a carpet washer or a Rug Doctor. These days they are just as easy to use as a regular vacuum cleaner. Here’s what it looks like.
They are usually installed with an inbuilt pump which pumps a mixture of carpet shampoo or cleaning solution and water into the carpet to dissolve the trapped dirt. The powerful vacuum then sucks the dirty water back up again, lifting up flattened carpet fibres. The suction is so powerful that it extracts most of the water and leaves the carpet dry in just a couple of hours.
1. Move all furniture out of the room.
2. Use a normal vacuum and vacuum the room thoroughly.
3. Rub any depressions left by your furniture with an ice cube. Lift the fibers up with your fingers as much as you can.
4. Use the Rug Doctor as shown above.
5. After the carpet dries, use a carpet powder that is meant to be vacuumed up. They come in different scents like Lavender, etc. Choose one that you like.
6. Use a normal vacuum and vacuum up the powder.
You’re done!! You have a brand new fluffy carpet with an amazing scent and freshness. Feels so good on your soles..:)