In light of the recent flooding and non-stop rain here on the Gold Coast, we wanted to put one of our newer products on showcase that is flood and water damage resistant and in our opinion, the new alternative to laminate flooring: PVC Planking.
Whilst is doesn’t sound too glamourous, warped and lifted laminate flooring is even less so. PVC Planking does not warp from water, comes in a multitude of different styles and is a great timber-look replica. You would use it the same way and style as you would a laminate floorboard, but without all the downfalls.
Some of our favourite features of this product are:
- No floor preparation necessary. It can go over tiles or any other basically smooth surface.
- It’s a DIY product and simply click locks together; although we can certainly have it installed too!
- Commercially rated, perfect for high traffic areas in your home or even in a commercial setting.
- Scratch resistant, won’t show wear and very easy to clean.
- Not susceptible to water damage.
- Comes in great styles and colours.
PVC Planking has been around for a while, but it’s still not as popular as we think it should be. So, if you’re looking at getting timber laminate flooring installed take a look at the PVC plank as well. It’s definitely worth the look and will be a great option for the long run.